Friday, 8 July 2011

Pasta

A week ago I decided to learn how to make pasta.  For many people, making pasta is easy, even therapeutic, however my first three attempts have been unsuccessful.  I am determined to unlock the secret to making pasta!

Some recipes call for 1 egg to 100g flour.  Other recipes say 3 eggs to 2 cups flour.  Some recommend adding salt and olive oil to the mix and others suggest using lukewarm water to reach the correct consistency.  

Many recipes and youtube videos show the pasta dough being mixed in a food processor before being taken out to be kneaded.  While using this machine would remove part of my problem I am determined to learn to make pasta from scratch by hand! 

I am not used to failing when cooking but it is not in my nature to admit defeated...  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment