Monday, 25 July 2011

Recipes - Broccoli Soup w Chorizo and Parsley Oil

I love broccoli in all its forms and when I planned to serve a broccoli soup at my Five Course Dinner Party I got straight onto taste.com.au to find a recipe that would pimp my soup.  The recipe I found is very similar to my own but the addition of parsley oil and chorizo provided a unique and modern twist on an old classic.  

Ingredients
3-4 x broccoli heads, stalk removed and florets separated
2 x small potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 x brown onion, finely diced
1 x clove garlic, finely chopped
2 cups water
2 cups chicken stock
1/3 cup cream
100mL olive oil
1/2 cup parsley
Chorizo

Step 1 - Heat a slurp of olive oil and a knob of butter in a large saucepan.  Sautee onions and garlic until cooked, but do not allow to colour.
Step 2 - Add potato, stock and water and bring to boil.
Step 3 - Add broccoli, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
Step 4 - Remove from heat and blend with a stick mixer.  
Step 5 - Season with salt and pepper, add cream and stir until combined.
Step 6 - Place oil and parsley in a food processor and process until combined. Pass through a fine sieve. 
Step 7 -  To serve, fry chorizo in a grill pan, pour soup into bowl, top with chrizo and drizzle with parsley oil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment