Sunday, 17 July 2011

Recipes - Caramel Brie



Oh My Goodness!  This is so good it should be illegal!  I found this recipes on taste.com.au and used it as the starter for my Vegetarian Feast.  I'll be making this again....and again....and again! 




Ingredients
Wheel of Brie, I used King Island Dairy Double Brie
Pecans or walnuts
2 cups sugar


Step 1 - Place Brie on a rack over a foil lined tray.  Arrange nuts on top.
Step 2 - Place sugar and 1/2 cup water in a heavy bottomed saucepan on low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.  Increase to medium heat and cook without stirring until mixture turns golden.
Step 3 - Remove from heat and sit until bubbles subside.  Pour caramel over cheese.  Allow caramel to harden before removing from rack.  

Notes:


If you are not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate.  Remove from fridge 30 minutes prior to serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment