Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Slow Cooking

I love slow cooking, but I don't like slow cookers.  I have a couple of big nonstick fry pans with tightly fitting lids and they all get a good work out.  

Everyone is time poor these days, and many people tell me they don't have time to slave over a hot stove for hours.  The truth is, you don't need to!  It usually only takes 5-20 minutes (depending on the dish) until you're at the point where you can pop on the lid and leave it to simmer for a few hours.

So, all you need is a few hours at home.  Weekends are a great time for slow cooked meals and also nights. I often throw something on after dinner and leave it to simmer until half an hour before I am ready for bed.  This half an hour gives the pan time to cool down before being placed in the fridge.

Spending 24 hours in the fridge is not a bad thing either.  Most slow cooked meals will develop their flavours during this time and be even tastier than if eaten straight from the stove top.

When slow cooking, cook in bulk and freeze whatever is left over for a quick meal another time.  Check out my Top 5 Slow Cooked meals.

Slow Cooked recipes coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment