Monday, 8 August 2011

Did you know?


Ever wondered if the eggs in your fridge are still good to use because you can't remember when you bought them? There's an easy way to find out. 

If an egg has gone bad, it will float in water.  This happens because gasses build inside the shell when the yolk and white starts to decompose, hence it floats. A good egg will not float.  So if you're not sure when you bought your eggs, carry out this simple test before breaking the shell.

Check back soon for my Top 5 Breakfast recipes. 

2 comments:

  1. I seriously had no idea about that... that's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually learnt this from an aboriginal story I read when I was a little girl. They described how they found eggs and tested them by gently dropping them in the river. If they sink they're good. Cooking knowledge can come from many places and the simplest methods are thousands of years old.

    ReplyDelete