Wednesday, 3 August 2011

I don't remember a time I didn't cook

age 14...


This was my first attempt at serving a five course dinner party.  To help my Mum celebrate her birthday, she invited seven of her closest friends over and I prepped, cooked and served a five course dinner party for eight.  To this day, I still remember the menu, which is not surprising as most of the recipes were my own.  They had:

Soup - Roast Pumpkin with Chives and Crispy Bacon
Salad - Prawn and Avocado w Mango Ranch Dressing
Pasta - Penne w Mushroom and Ham in a Tomato Cream Sauce
Main - Crispy Skin Salmon on Wilted Spinach w Creamy Mash and Steamed Vegetables
Dessert - White Chocolate Mousse filled Chocolate Cups w Raspberry Coulis  

The dinner was a total success! I remember everything tasting really good and all the guests being very very impressed.  Maybe it's time I revive some of these recipes...

1 comment:

  1. I will take one of everything to go please

    ReplyDelete