Tuesday, 6 September 2011

How To - Butterscotch Sauce

I've been wanting to post this 'how to' for a while but, to be honest, I'd actually forgotten the recipe.  However, the combination of gourmet french vanilla ice cream in my freezer and a fresh, ripe mango in my fruit bowl jogged my memory.  It also reminded me how easy it is to make butterscotch sauce...which is probably the reason I forgot the recipe in the first place as the ease to weight gain ratio is pretty high!  

What you'll need:
  • A small saucepan
  • 50g butter
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup cream

Step 1 - Place all ingredients in the saucepan and stir over medium heat until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.
Step 2 - Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 3 - Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Step 4 - Serve with cakes, muffins, ice cream or fruit.  Or just eat it with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment