Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Lightbulb!

I've been chatting with a foodie friend of mine and we came up with an awesome idea.  He is a crumble fan, and I am not, mainly due to my dislike of making pastry and apple pies in general.  He pointed out that it's not actually the 'crumble' that I dislike so we started brainstorming ideas and came up with the following...

Baked spiced poached pairs, filled with cherry jam and topped with coconut hazelnut crumble.

Sounds crazy, and I am willing to do as many test runs as I need to until I perfect the recipe!!

2 comments:

  1. it twas a great idea wasnt it??!!! im keen for this to be dessert at the next dinner party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by the cherry jam..! I am also a huge crumble fan so I would love to try this...!

    ReplyDelete