Thursday, 1 December 2011

Recipe - Berry Sauce

This is my go to dessert when I am time poor, money poor, energy poor or initiative poor.  It is simple, foolproof and surprisingly impressive!  For a quick dessert I serve this warm over ice cream and any leftovers are served with cakes, muffins or as a garnish for another dessert.  I hope you have as much success with this as I have.



Ingredients
500g frozen berries
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
vanilla ice cream, to serve



Step 1 - Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over high heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.  

Step 2 - Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and slowly simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has reached the desired consistency. This usually takes about half an hour.  
Step 3 - Serve warm over vanilla ice cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment