Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Recipes - Steamed Christmas Puddings

My friend Alex makes the best Steamed Christmas Puddings and over the last two years has taught me the art.  I spent a good 3-4 weeks convincing him to let me post this recipe and luckily for you he let me!  This stuff is deadly in the best way possible! 

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups plain flour
200g softened butter, cubed
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup golden syrup
3 eggs
3 cups breadcrumbs (fresh not packaged)
3 1/2 cups fruit mince
2 tsp all spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger




Step 1 - In a large bowl cream butter and sugar.  Add golden syrup and beat well then add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
Step 2 - Add fruit mince, bread crumbs and spiced and stir until combined.  Add flour and fold into the mixture.
Step 3 - Prep pudding basin and cook as per instructions (step 5). 





















1 comment: