Monday, 13 February 2012

Recipes - Mini Cobs

I would really love to say I came up with this idea all on my own, but I didn't.  I was chatting with a friend about how I love making cob loaves filled with dip for parties, but being a bit of a germophobe, I don't like that everyone's fingers are all over the bread - ripping it apart to dip with, which is the idea behind a cob.  He told me that he had seen individual "cobs" which eliminate this problem.  I have not been able to find small cob loaves so have used bake at home dinner rolls that can be purchased from most supermarkets.  Bread rolls would also work but might be a bit too big for finger food/canapes. 

Ingredients
12 dinner rolls
300g tub sour cream
1 pkt spring vegetable soup mix
2 rashers middle bacon
3 shallots, finely chopped
1/2 cup vintage cheddar cheese, grated

Step 1 - Preheat oven to 230°C.
Step 2 - Place bacon under an overheat grill and cook until crisp.  Set aside to cool then dice.
Step 3 - Mix bacon, sour cream, soup mix, shallots and cheese in a bowl until combined. Set aside.
Step 4 - Using a serrated knife, cut a lid from the top of each roll.  Pull of each lid, taking care not to break it and remove some bread from inside the roll and under the lid.  Spoon dip into each boat and place lids back on top. 
Step 5 - Bake for 6-9 minutes (depending on cooking instructions for rolls) until bread is golden and crisp.  Serve warm. 

Notes:

Any creamy, cheesy dip can be used in place of the dip in this recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment