Saturday, 22 October 2011

Gluten Free, Dairy Free

I love a good food challenge and recently a friend asked me to make her some muffins that are gluten and dairy free.  While these are becoming widely available, she said that they are a poor substitute to the real thing and it is incredibly frustrating as a lactose intolerant coeliac to find  muffins and other desserts that taste good and do not have the texture of cardboard! So the challenge? To create a GFDF muffin that I would be happy to eat myself.  I managed to come up with a pretty spectacular recipe, but it got me thinking about what else I can do.

To start with, I will be going through all my current recipes and labeling those that are suitable for a GF or DF diet.  A quick link to these recipes can be found under the heading 'labels' on the left side bar of every page.  While I am no expert, I will be doing some research to ensure I provide the best possible advice.  That said, if you are unsure about whether or not something is GF or DF do not make it, it's better to be safe than sorry. 

Secondly, if there is something you are trying to find a GF or DF alternative to, email me (address found on the 'about me' page) and I will do my best to create something suitable.

My new philosophy for creating GF and DF recipes is - 'It'll taste so good people won't believe you when they find out it's gluten free and/or dairy free!'  

No comments:

Post a Comment